Forum Discussion

PierreJouan
Community Member
10 years ago

Replace image once to change its multiple occurences

Hello, been a long time...

I'm (re)working on a project split in multiple parts (say 20 .story files).

I need to change a picture in all those files. As it's the background of a top, foreground menu bar, it's been copied in every single slide of each file.

As Storyline has no library, I cannot update picture once for each .story file.

To make matters worse, Storyline "knows" this picture is unique because it appears only once as a swf in the output folder.

So, is there any workaround to dozens of "change picture" ?

- update and publish only one file and then find and replace the swf with the new swf-picture in any other published story folders

- explore .story source file and replace picture resource (have yet to find a way !)

- ???

Thanks !

JenMcIntosh
    Community Member

I just had to individually replace almost 400 items and I can't express how much I wish there was a library I could have just done them all at once with. Or even allowing us to select multiple and replace. Judging by the age of this thread, it's never going to happen.

Wish I knew whatever that comment from Paul was!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Jen,

If you have an image being used in multiple slides, you can quickly swap out this image with another one using the Media Library's Replace function

Note that this will only work if the same image file is used. There isn't a way to swap out multiple images with a single image.

Hope this helps!