Forum Discussion

AshleyThirtyacr
Community Member
9 hours ago

Replicate Text

I am curious if there is a way in Storyline (via Triggers, Variables, JavaScripting, etc) to have text replicate on different slides.  

For example, I set the course title on the Title slide, and the course title re-appears on Completion slide. Another example, I include course objectives at the beginning but want to reiterate before a user attests the content. 

This way if course title or objectives change(s), I am not having to locate placement and edit every time. 

Ideally would like to avoid simply adding a bunch of text into the default value of a Variable.   Curious if better options exist. 

• I think the variable is your best option IMO. You can use a template too, but the layout would have to be consistent of course.

There isn't currently a way to create a "master component" and then use instances of that component on other slides, whilst being able to update the "master" and see the changes reflected throughout.

You could use an image of text, but you shouldn't due to accessibility considerations. I'm only mentioning in case somebody else recommends it, so I can pre-emptively recommend against it :)