Forum Discussion

BrianDaigle
Community Member
22 days ago

Reset Learner Progress not working as expected

I'm updating some SCORM modules created with Rise. This update involves removing some lesson pages. When I update the SCORM file in our LMS, it works fine for new learners and those who's progress is on a lesson page that wasn't removed. But, any learner who's progress is bookmarked on one of the lesson pages that was removed gets a loading screen that never resolves (this is a Rise loading bar, not our LMS loading bar). 

I figure, no problem, that's what the "Reset Learner Progress" option is for. So I turn this option on and re-export, but it doesn't fix it. Same issue, it won't load for learner's who left off on one of the lesson pages that was removed but still works for those who left off on a page that's still there (and it doesn't seem to be resetting their progress). Only difference is, now instead of a loading screen that never resolves, it loads a blank screen. Isn't this option supposed to load the content as if the learner hasn't viewed it before?

I can reset learners who are in progress in our LMS, but my main concern is those who have completed the module can't go back to it because if I reset their progress in the LMS it removes their completion status on the modules that follow it. Any ideas?

• Hello Brian,

Happy to help!

It sounds like your LMS is caching the previous version of your course. Can you try clearing the cache of your LMS after uploading the updated version of the course to see if this helps?

Regarding the reset option, yes, you are correct. Enabling the "Reset Learner Progress" option in the publishing settings should reset the progress of your learners so they'll be taken to the very beginning of the course when they resume. Please test if this option will work in your course if you upload it to a different LMS like SCORM Cloud. If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, open a case with our support team here so we can test the behavior.