Forum Discussion

MelissaSanburg-
Community Member
2 years ago

Resetting slide after incorrect answer

Hi Team

How do I reset a multiple answer question (with unlimited attempts) to remove the users inital answer?

Thanks in advance

Melissa

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello Melissa, I suggest adding "Jump to slide - this slide" trigger to the button available on the feedback layers. This will reset the quiz to the initial state!! 

Let me know if that worked for you!!

SandeepGadam
      Community Member

Thank you for sharing the screenshot Melissa!

Just identify the slide number that you're working on and then choose that particular slide from the available list.

If you're still not sure/unable to find, would you be willing to share your project file here or at sandeepgadam@gmail.com so that I can take a look and suggest you with a possible solution?

Thank you!!

MelissaSanburg-
        Community Member

Hi Sandeep,

Here is the file.  I'm doing banked questions, so not sure if that makes a difference.  Choosing from that available list took me to only the options of my introduction slides.  Not the actual slide I want to reset.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this for me.

• I too was curious on this issue. I did use the suggestion to "jump to slide - this slide" That solved one issue, but has created another. When reviewing the questions on the results page, the initial incorrect answer is shown, even though the correct answer was selected on a subsequent attempt.

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello Melissa, Thank you for sharing the SL project file. Since the interactions are created in the question bank format, the option that I suggested earlier doesn't work in this instance. I suggest you create individual quiz slides and you can implement the option I suggested earlier to reset the users initial answers.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Thank you!!

MelissaSanburg-
      Community Member

So there is no way of making it reset when having banked questions??

SandeepGadam
        Community Member

No!! There isn't a workaround for this at the moment!

• Is this something that has been requested to the developers?  Surely others would love this feature too.

Thanks for your assistance

SandeepGadam
      Community Member

I completely concur with you because many users would find this option to be very useful. And yes, this has been reported to the Articulate development team as a feature request, though it is unclear when this feature will be enabled.

You're welcome and have a good day ahead!!

• On the try again trigger add triggers to reset the options to normal

SandeepGadam
      Community Member

Hello Phil, I guess this option wouldn't suffice to overcome the issue. The quiz slides are created using question back and it contains a Result slide. So will it be possible to reset the results once the user has answered one of the quiz slides correctly?

PhilMayor
        Super Hero

If it is set to unlimited attempts this would suffice.

Sent from my iPhone

• Phil's solution would work just fine, but not in this case. It will cause an endless loop of Try Again attempts. Maria has all buttons grouped with questions. So changing the state of buttons to Normal will not yield expected behavior unless buttons and questions are ungrouped.