Forum Discussion

TanyaThampip494
Community Member
4 hours ago

Storyline Text Entry Marked as Incorrect When Pressing Enter Button

Hello!

I am currently using text entry in storyline. There is a submit button. When you enter the text and press the submit button on the screen it is marked as correct. But when you enter the same text and press the enter button on your keyboard it is marked as incorrect. 

Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Here are the triggers:

Here are the variables:

Any help would be very much appreciated!

• Here are my settings incase anyone else in the future is reading this post. 

• If you use Storyline's Quiz feature, it will do most of the work for you. Therefore, unless you want something pretty custom, you just fill out the form in Form View.  In your case, you type in the acceptable answer "internal" and then check that it is not case-sensitive and it should work without any additional triggering from you.

So, the triggers inside the square in this graphic are not even needed:

TanyaThampip494
      Community Member

Thank you for notifying me of this! I completely forgot to check the form view. I have updated my settings, and it works beautifully!

• Did you build the "set correct answer . . ." Triggers?

I do not think those should be necessary.

TanyaThampip494
      Community Member

Should I delete them? Does storyline already have one? I'll look into this in the meantime.

I used the built-in variable: Question.Correct and it still does not work.

• This articulate article says the enter button and submit button should behave the same but they do not. 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/discuss/storyline-text-entry-marked-as-incorrect-when-pressing-enter-button/1202172/replies/1202198

• Here are my settings incase anyone else in the future is reading this post.