Forum Discussion

TammyBaca
Community Member
7 years ago

Rise - Transfering ownership of a course

A former co-worker created a course in Rise. He has left our company and now I need to make edits. How can I transfer ownership of someone else's course?

• Hi Tammy!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds like a conversation that our support engineers would be best suited to assist with. I've opened up a case on your behalf and you should be hearing from someone soon.

TammyBaca
    Community Member

Thanks Leslie,  They responded that it wasn't possible. But after I sent the question, I googled it and found instruction on the Articulate site. I was able to transfer ownership, make my edits, and zip the file.  It may have worked for me because I was listed as a collaborator, but I was able to do it.  Thanks again!

TammyBaca
      Community Member

I am wondering if it only worked because I had been made a collaborator? If I wasn't, would I have been able to change the owner?

• Hi Tammy, 

That's correct. Specific to Teams and collaborating. Here's the documentation.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

ThomasWerner
    Community Member

How do I transfer a course in Rise 360 to another person/organization so they ‘own’ it and make edits, etc. ??

Assume they have to have can account, or get one. Can I retain a coy after transfer

Thank you - TW

hazelB
      Staff

HI Thomas! If the person in another organization has an Articulate 360 subscription, you can send a copy of the course to them. Here's how.