Forum Discussion

SamanthaHare
Community Member
13 days ago

Rise 360 LMS (ESR) issue - indexAPI not loading course

I'm trying to get a course running on our LMS (we use ESR). It's trying to open the indexAPI.html file from the scormdriver folder which is resulting in an error (it does if I run it from my local drive too) although my understanding is that this is the file it should be trying to run from and I can't direct it to open from another file anyway. I'm not sure how to correct the issue, if I run it on my local drive, it opens fine if I open it from the index.html file in the scormcontent folder (but I appreciate this might mean it isn't running properly below the surface). Any tips? Thanks

• Hi SamanthaHare!

Happy to help with this!

If you're encountering issues when launching your course in ESR LMS, try testing how it will behave in another LMS like SCORM Cloud to isolate the behavior. A problem with the SCORM package can be observed regardless of which LMS is used, but LMS-specific issues cannot be replicated in another LMS. 

If you don't encounter any issues in SCORM Cloud, I suggest connecting with your LMS support so they can investigate this behavior further. However, if the SCORM package fails to launch SCORM Cloud as well, please connect with our team through a support case.

They'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

• Hi SamanthaHare!

Happy to help with this!

If you're encountering issues when launching your course in ESR LMS, try testing how it will behave in another LMS like SCORM Cloud to isolate the behavior. A problem with the SCORM package can be observed regardless of which LMS is used, but LMS-specific issues cannot be replicated in another LMS. 

If you don't encounter any issues in SCORM Cloud, I suggest connecting with your LMS support so they can investigate this behavior further. However, if the SCORM package fails to launch SCORM Cloud as well, please connect with our team through a support case.

They'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!