Forum Discussion

GaryMeyler-bd00
Community Member
2 years ago

Rise 360 portfolio course - Irish Native Trees

Hi there,

I'm currently working on creating a course as part of my portfolio. Strangely, it seems to be difficult to focus on a course for myself. Maybe it's the lack of deadlines!

If anyone has any feedback, quick wins, recommendations regarding portfolio building, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

https://rise.articulate.com/share/EHoF9eyCfSYTzu_cmsJ-ksXQJOvVZbMf

Hazel!23

Note on context: course is to be one element of a native Irish trees course.

• Hi Gary! It looks like you're already on the right track. Having live projects (as opposed to static images) can help you stand out and shows your creativity which doesn't always come through on a resume. You mentioned that it's difficult to focus, which is SO relatable.😊 One thing I've found that helps bring that spark back is to research topics/content that interests you or that you're passionate about and build a course around that. When you feel connected to the content, it can naturally lead you to want to work on it. Just an idea! Also, I want to share this article which has some helpful tips on what to include in your portfolio. I hope that helps you with crafting your portfolio!

GaryMeyler-bd00
      Community Member

That's great @Sarah, thanks so much for replying and the link. I'll review and include in my plan.

CandiStaines
    Community Member

This is nicely organized! I agree that it is challenging when its for the portfolio.

• The Rise 360 portfolio course titled "Irish Native Trees" aims to provide an in-depth exploration of the diverse and rich ecosystem of native trees found in Ireland. This course is designed to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the importance of these trees in the country's natural environment and cultural heritage. Through engaging content and interactive learning experiences, you will develop a comprehensive portfolio showcasing your understanding of Irish native trees.

Course Overview:

1. Introduction to Irish Native Trees:

• Explore the significance and ecological value of native trees in Ireland.
      • Understand the historical and cultural how to slow down balding naturally importance of these trees in Irish folklore and traditions.
    2. Tree Identification:

• Learn to identify various native tree species through visual cues, leaf characteristics, and bark patterns.
      • Understand the key features and distinguishing factors of each species.
    3. Habitats and Distribution:

• Study the diverse habitats in which Irish native trees thrive, including woodlands, hedgerows, and wetlands.
      • Examine the distribution patterns of different tree species across the country.
    4. Environmental Benefits:

• Discover the ecological role of native trees in promoting biodiversity, carbon sequestration, and soil conservation.
      • Explore their contribution to enhancing air quality, mitigating climate change, and supporting wildlife habitats.
    5. Tree Conservation and Management:

• Learn about conservation efforts aimed at protecting and preserving native tree species in Ireland.
      • Explore sustainable management practices for maintaining healthy and resilient tree populations.
    6. Cultural and Historical Significance:

• Delve into the cultural and historical connections between Irish native trees and folklore, mythology, and traditional practices.
      • Understand the role of trees in Irish literature, art, and local customs.
    7. Creating Your Portfolio:

• Apply your knowledge and skills to create a comprehensive portfolio showcasing your understanding of Irish native trees.
      • Include visual representations, research findings, case studies, and personal reflections.

Conclusion: The Rise 360 portfolio course on "Irish Native Trees" offers a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of the importance and beauty of native trees in Ireland. By completing this course, you will develop a comprehensive portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge, appreciation, and passion for the diverse native tree species found in the country. Immerse yourself in the captivating world of Irish trees and contribute to the preservation and celebration of Ireland's natural heritage.

GaryMeyler-bd00
      Community Member

Thanks @David,
      It's amazing how when you are working on personal projects that it can be easy to forget learned design like applying Bloom's taxonomy etc. This is a great help. Thanks again.