Forum Discussion

SamBarnard-98a4
Community Member
3 months ago

Rise Hotspot - resize the block or image height

First, apologies if this has already been discussed I could not find anything.

The problem: I want to use the hotspot interaction bl0ck in Rise, but I want the image to be smaller.

What I have tried:

•  Used the options relating to image width: SmallMedium or Full width. The "Small" option is not small enough and I still have an image that, for my purposes, is too big. It's still displaying as decent quality, but too large.
  • I tried using a smaller version of the image wondering if perhaps the block height is influenced by the size of the uploaded image. This was incorrect, and the block height has not changed, and the image displays as a horribly pixellated mess.

I cannot see any option to resize the image or the block size outside of the SM or L in the block's Formatting options relating to image width.

• Try putting your image on a PowerPoint slide with space around the edges (I would use a 1920x1080 PPT slide size and add whatever white space you want) and then saving the entire slide as an image, then importing that image into Rise. The additional white space on the PPT slide should display your desired image smaller.

SamBarnard-98a4
      Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. I did it via Illustrator due to the graphics/assets being used and it seemed to have done the trick.

I suspect this is down to the 1080p image filling more of the width than my initial attempt did (it was less than 800px wide).

But thanks again, provides me with options!

Sam

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Remember to check mobile! This method sounds like it might make the image too small on mobile.

SamBarnard-98a4
      Community Member

Will do!

Thankfully our training is desktop focused anyway but will keep an eye on it to see how it displays on multiple screens.