Forum Discussion

AllenBolsinger
Community Member
2 years ago

Score tally

So I am creating a "jeopardy" like game. What I want to do is, as they answer the questions, whether they get the right or wrong, I want to show their total score progress as the answer the different questions. I have assigned point values similarly to that of the gameshow but are unsure how to show that on the score board. Any help is much appreciate.  

• Attach your .story file here. Once we can see what you have, somebody will surely offer you some useful advice.

• Hi,

Within the text box you want your score to show in, put the following on the end %[variable name]% so for e.g. mine is Score: %score%

this will show the variable counter.

Hope this helps :)

• I would attach the project except it has information that can't be published. The best I have is a screen shot to show where I want the tally to show. But I don't know how to make it so. I have the points set on 6 out of 20 questions, ranging from $100 to $500 with negative representation as well for the ones they get the wrong answer. It would tally at the end of the game for points but was hoping to make a running tally to show their progress as they move along. 

JaySteele-68436
      Community Member

Hi Allen,

in the box you want the tally to be, put %[variable name]%

e.g. %score%

This will give you the total of the variable. so if you answer 6 questions all winning you £600 then your score will show the total of the variable which is £600.

Hope that makes sense