Forum Discussion

CarenPrice-0d31
Community Member
3 years ago

Scoring Calculation

Hi all.  I have a quiz set up in storyline 360 that has 22 questions.  Each question is allowed 2 attempts.  Passing score is 80, but because there are 22 questions, the learner can miss 4 and pass with an 81.81.  We've had a few people who get the first attempt of a question wrong, then answer correctly, so essentially it should be counted as correct. The problem is the score is reflecting a 79.89% (unsuccessful).  I just can't figure out how that score happens.  One example I looked at had 4 wrong answers on both attempts, so 4 wrong, 5 answers wrong on the first attempt but correct on the second attempt, and 11 answers correct on the first attempt.  I can't figure out where the 79.89 is coming from.  All of the questions are set up for 10 points for a correct answer and 0 points for an incorrect answer.  Any ideas?

• To your statement, 4 +5+11=20, but you said there are 22 questions. what happened to the 2 questions?

CarenPrice-0d31
      Community Member

I must have been really tired when I wrote this.  

4 questions wrong

3 questions wrong on the first try, correct 2nd try

15 questions correct

Good catch.  The math still doesn't work the score should have been 81.81 but is showing as 79.89

SinchuRaj-
    Community Member

Hi Caren,

I think its tool bug as there is no way user can get 79.89 % for 18 right answers , the correct value should be 81.82

In cause if user made 5 wrong answers then the score should be 77.27 %

Can you share your source file or published link ?

CarenPrice-0d31
      Community Member

Thank you for the offer Maria. All of our learners have completed for the year and we will be re-writing the exam for next year. If we continue to see this I will definitely take you up on it!

Caren Price
      Manager of Training Content & Technology
      [OneBlood-Logo-RGB-Horizontal-EmailSig]
      3000 W Cypress Creek Road
      Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
      T 954-378-1814
      C 954-560-5085
      caren.price@oneblood.org
      http://www.oneblood.org

" To inspire, develop and educate OneBlood team members supporting an effective and motivated workforce"

• Sounds great, Caren! You know where to find us.

Your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.