Forum Discussion

NicolaFrier
Community Member
3 years ago

Screen Recording - step by step

Hi! Hoping someone can assist. I am very new to articulate and been having my training. I am trying to insert a step by step screen recording - however when I do this my screen almost layers on top of each other. But when I just have it as the video running on one slide it appears as normal. Can anyone assist?

• Hi, Nicola, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm sorry you're having issues recording your screen.

Here are a few questions to help you troubleshoot:

• Are you using a second monitor?
    • Is the resolution of your monitor(s) set to 100% scale (96 DPI)?
    NicolaFrier
    Community Member

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am using my primary monitor that I am using articulate software on to screen record. 

I have my screen to 100% resolution yes. 

Have just tried again and seems to be the same issue where it is creating almost a 2nd pop-out style looking window. 

• Hi, Nicola.

You mentioned that you are using a primary monitor. Is that the only monitor connected to your computer, or is there a second one? If there's a second one, please make sure it's also set to 100% resolution.

If that's not the case, then it could also be related to the size of your recording. We have a bug reported where a duplicate background appears when importing screen recorded slides smaller than the story size.

Can you adjust the recording or the story size, so they match?

If that's not possible, or if your scenario is different than what I described, the next step is to get in touch with one of our support engineers through a case