Forum Discussion

KellyOliva-ec4b
Community Member
2 months ago

See Saved Answers on Individual Layers when Revisiting Slide

Hello,

I am in need of some help to set a slide to show a saved state for all layers when revisiting, if possible. Here's some background on my project:

• I created a branching scenario where the learner clicks one of eight buttons on the initial slide and is directed to a unique slide
  • On each branching slide, the learner has to click YES/NO buttons to answer a series of questions
    • Each question and set of buttons is its own layer
    • The buttons have visited states to show if all questions were answered correctly or if the learner needed feedback
    • Each feedback prompt has its own layer
  • I've locked the visibility so each question layer continues to display on the slide as the user progresses to the end of the questions
  • I've set each layer (except for the feedback prompts) and the Slide Layer Properties to "resume saved state" when revisiting
  • I've set each layer to "Prevent the user from clicking on the other layers" so they can't change their answers while viewing another question

My issue is that when the learner revisits the slide, it does show all the necessary layers, but--except for the buttons on the base layer--all buttons are showing their initial state (unanswered). Upon revisiting the slide, I'd like the state of all of the buttons to show how the learner previously answered these questions.

Is this possible?

I thought that setting the layers to "resume saved state" should enable this to happen?

Thanks so much for your help.