Forum Discussion

JerriBateman
Community Member
4 months ago

Set states not matching when published

Hello everyone, I need some assistance. I'm having issues with states not working correctly when I publish to preview. In my knowledge check, learners have the choice to select one of three buttons to indicate how well they knew the answer. This was a template I downloaded from this site. When the learner selects a button, the progress bar shows a mark created in the states. I have five questions, so the progress color should increase five times. Everything works in preview, but when I publish for review, the states don't always start at the first point. When I select a button, the progress bar seems to start at 3 and progress from there. Any suggestions on what could be happening? Here are how the triggers are set up. On the base layer, this is an example of the red score. On the answer trigger 'Not at all' is how the states are set up.

• I suggest you add temporary text boxes to the slides that display the variable values. That could help you figure out why the values aren't what you expect.

• For example, a common problem with number variables include triggers that add to a value every time an item is clicked—even when the item might be clicked multiple times, such as when a user changes their mind about what to select. 

Troubleshooting is just guessing, though, without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.
    JerriBateman
    Community Member

Thank you for your response and advise. I will try adding the temporary box and see what happens.