Forum Discussion

MarkKautz
Community Member
5 months ago

Show correct layer after the second attempt

I am using Test Mode for a simulation. (There will be no result slide but just want to use the retry option at the end) I am planning to show the correct and Try again layer in the below manner:

The users will get 2 attempts.

1) First attempt - show Try again layer
2) Second attempt - show correct layer

Then the user will click on the continue button to proceed next. Is this possible? Thanks 

MarkKautz
    Community Member

Thanks Ron! Yes, I am aware of these features of Test mode. My project file is a simulation in which user needs to click on a hotspot. The way I am planning to give the feedback is:

1) First time when they click outside the hotspot (Incorrect click) I will show them the "Try again" layer. In which I will customize the text as per my plan. 
    2) Second time when user click outside the hotspot (Incorrect click) I want to show the "Correct feedback" layer. 

My question is how I link the second attempt on the base layer to Correct feedback layer?

The logic I am thinking is - Show layer - Correct layer - when user click on outside the hotspot in second attempt.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Mark,

Happy to help!

You just need to add this trigger to show the "Correct" layer when your learners click incorrectly for a second time.

I've attached a sample file which does the following: 

• For the first incorrect click, the "Try Again" layer is shown.
      • For the second incorrect click, the "Incorrect" layer is shown, but because of the trigger shown in the screenshot, the learner will immediately be taken to the "Correct" layer instead.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for!