Forum Discussion

SonjaSeebach
Community Member
2 years ago

Slide advances automatically only on tablet

Hi, I got feedback from my client that slides automatically skip to the next page when they open a layer. When they call the page again, the layer stays open so that they can look at the content. But this error can be observed only on the tablet (tested in their LMS and in Chrome with SCORM1.2). On the PC it works. I also tested it on my iPad (Safari and Chrome via Reviewlink) and could not reproduce this error.
Has anyone here had this effect before?
Kind regards,
Sonja

• Hello,

I'm sorry you're client is having an issue with slides advancing! We would love to troubleshoot this for you! Have you or they tested the course in SCORM cloud? It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or the Story file. If you test your course on SCORM cloud and it works perfectly, then your issue is LMS based.

Thanks for reaching out!

SonjaSeebach
      Community Member

Hello, we were able to narrow down the error to the device. All tablets
      with the following resolution show this error: 1,920x1,200. Supposedly,
      the slide is created as if there is an audio. But since there is none,
      the application just jumps to the next page. I have no explanation for
      this. Does this sound familiar to you?
      Many greetings,
      Sonja

SonjaSeebach
    Community Member

Hello, we were able to narrow down the error to the device. All tablets with the following resolution show this error: 1,920x1,200. Supposedly, the slide is created as if there is an audio. But since there is none, the application just jumps to the next page. I have no explanation for this. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Many greetings,
    Sonja

• >All tablets with the following resolution show this error: 1,920x1,200

1920x1200 means Android (not iPadOS)

upload a .story file with the problem here in the forum or open a support case

SonjaSeebach
      Community Member
      Jürgen Schoenemeyer

1920x1200 means Android (not iPadOS)

yes

SonjaSeebach
      Community Member
      Jürgen Schoenemeyer
      upload a .story file with the problem here in the forum or open a support case

unfortunately the customer doesn't want to share the sourcefile

SonjaSeebach
    Community Member

we have built several e-learnings for this client in the same framework. Within one course it can be that this error occurs and on other slides again not. Layers without audio are affected, but also layers with audio. Therefore, we have no further clue right now.

• if it's import - create a training without client text, client pictures and with dummy audio WITH THE ERROR

and upload the the .story file