Forum Discussion

SaraGLMPR
Community Member
10 years ago

Slide triggers/Conditional triggers

I have a slide that has a "mission accomplished" audio and graphics on it. Ideally the learner wouldn't click on this slide in the menu item until they have visited all the slides they're supposed to. Now, I don't want to restrict the menu. So, I thought I'd add a layer to the slide that has a "not quite yet" text box on it. The layer would play, when the timeline starts on the slide, given certain conditions (i.e. house1 is False (not visited) OR house 2 is False and so on).

When I test the course, Storyline behaves as expected only the first time I access the slide: the layer will play immediately (basically skipping the slide content which says mission accomplished). And the conditions dictate that the next button take the learner to a particular starting point. But when I leave the slide, and come back to it again without having met the conditions, the layer displays but this time the audio of the base/slide also plays. So, basically the conditional trigger works fine the first time the slide is accessed but not the subsequent times.  What am I doing wrong?