Forum Discussion

GCarletonFoster
Community Member
5 days ago

SSML Tag Errors

I am just learning about the use of the SSML tags to modify text-to-speech (I am trying o to slow down the narrator Stephen). I THINK I followed the guidelines on how to use prosody, but when I go to publish I receive the error "Storyline 60 can't convert this text to speech. Verify the SSML tags are correct and supported for the selected voice." Is SSML not supported for Stephen? (I thought I read other users were using him).

I just updated Storyline this morning, so I am assuming I have all of the proper bug fixes. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is my code (on my screen, "rate" is in red):

<speak><prosody rate="90%">Per the below chart, ground fault overvoltage at PHI is caused by inverter based D E Rs when the generation to load ratio exceeds 100% at the substation transformer and 67% for synchronous based machines. 
<p>Onboard D E R active or passive anti-islanding protection is not quick enough to protect against ground faults on the transmission substation bus when those ratios are exceeded. </prosody></speak>

runrunsteven
    Community Member

I would check out this link. In short, several of the tags aren't supported in Storyline. Even on some of the articles they have written, they don't fully explain HOW to use the tags. One of the tables on their website, doesn't even show that you need to close the tags for it to convert.

Storyline 360: SSML Support - Articulate Support

GCarletonFoster
      Community Member

Thank you! Thats the article I initially found about SSML; a shame they may not be supported.

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi runrunsteven!

Thank you for the feedback!

Do you mind clarifying which table and resource you're referring to, with the incomplete steps? I'd be happy to pass the feedback along to our documentation team for improvements!

GCarletonFoster
      Community Member

UPDATE: my issue was with the <p>, not the SSML code. It has been resolved.