Forum Discussion

LindaOosterveld
Community Member
7 hours ago

State of visited button not working

I need assistance with why the 3 example buttons are not opening to view the layer. I have the states set as 'visited' but they're changing on 'hover' so it's not allowing me to click on the button to view layer. I'm sure it's an easy miss, but I'm stumped. I have it so the 3 buttons are supposed to be 'visited' before the next button appears.

• thank you, everyone -- I did exactly what you all recommended and deleted the current buttons and created new and it's now working successfully. Thanks for your time to help!

• thank you, everyone -- I did exactly what you all recommended and deleted the current buttons and created new and it's now working successfully. Thanks for your time to help!

• Hi Linda,

I see the problem you are having. It appears that the buttons may be cycling through the different states and landing on the visited state. Your triggers are not working to show the layers.

I did not see the Next button in the project, so I tried disabling the triggers for the next button, thinking that might have been the issue, but that did not cause the incorrect behavior in the buttons.

I tried creating a new button in the project and it worked correctly. For a reason I cannot explain, I think your buttons are corrupted. Since they all perform incorrectly, I imagine you created one button and then copied them and thus also copied the corruption.

If I may respectfully suggest a solution, create a new button as in the example I have attached, and then make sure it functions correctly like mine did. Then, copy and paste the functioning button and simply delete all 3 of the non-functioning buttons.

In sum, your project seems to be working fine except for the buttons. Creating a new button worked fine, too. Therefore, I would recommend deleting the corrupted buttons and replacing them with new ones.

• Very weird. Here's what I found: 

• If I delete all the extra states, a button works. (Of course, doing that wouldn't let you use the Visited state to enable the Next button.)
    • If I delete the Hover state, a button shows the layer. However, the (alleged) Visited state is no longer clickable.

All of that is what's politely called "unexpected behavior." I suggest you submit a case directly to the Articulate staff. You can do that here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact

In the meantime, you could try deleting the corrupted buttons and creating new ones from scratch. If inserting actual buttons doesn't work, just insert rectangles. You can add states and triggers to those to make them work like buttons. 

• NO idea, looks corrupted somehow, I would rebuild the buttons