Forum Discussion

EricS-5fd46253-
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline 3 - Course marks as "Completed" when learner exits course mid-test

I’m developing a course with Storyline 3 and am facing a strange issue. In my course, I have 3 modules with a final Module test in each. The user must pass all 3 test in order to pass the course.

Each of the final Module test result slides simply submits the results of that test.

After the user has passed all 3 tests, they are brought to a “Course End” Page which Submits the results from all 3 results slides (as shown below)

This “Course End” slide is the Results slide that I have as the “Tracking” option for my LMS

The LMS Reporting option I am using is Passed / Incomplete.

The issue  is that if a user is midway through a test and closes the course, the LMS registers the course as being “Complete / Unsuccessful”, when it should remain incomplete since the user has not reached the final result slide that triggers the tracking on the LMS. This issue does not occur on slides that are not a part of test question banks.

Does anyone know what could be causing this strange behaviour? My only guess is that the interactions between the results slides could somehow be confusing my LMS? If anyone has experienced this issue before, any advice would be welcome. 

Thank you

• Hi Polar Flare!

Sorry to hear your LMS isn't reporting completion status correctly!

I recommend testing how the course performs in an LMS test environment, to see if the behavior is LMS-specific. SCORM Cloud is the best tool for this!

If the completion status is reported accurately in SCORM Cloud, the issue may be due to a setting or configuration in your LMS. If the same behavior can be observed in SCORM Cloud, it would be helpful to see your .story file for testing. Feel free to upload a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case.