Forum Discussion

JohnCurran
Community Member
5 years ago

Storyline 360 on High Resolution Displays (including 4K)

Storyline 360 still appears NOT to support proper display scaling. It looks blurry on my new Surface Laptop (4:3) 2256 x 1504 when display scaling is on (either at 125 or 150%).  However other apps (Microsoft PowerPoint etc.) are fine.

Switching to native resolution makes it all much sharper but the UI is too tiny for comfortable working.

I'm about to buy a 4K monitor and am concerned that Storyline will be unusable on it (i.e. blurry). Any guidance on where Articulate are at with display scaling and high resolution displays generally? We are seeing more and more of these displays.

• There's a whole host of other issues that Storyline has with relating to certain monitors or at least I presume that is the cause of these other issues. The issues include:

1) Eyedropper color picker does not align to where the actual cursor is on the screen making it impossible to actually find the color you want on screen. I think this is specific to when you have a hi-res monitor combined with a laptop screen to the left or right of it. No other programs including PowerPoint or Snagit have this issue in the exact same configuration.

2)  Minimizing the window to the taskbar and then selecting it on the taskbar again always results in it being in a windowed state instead of the previously maximized state. Again, no other programs on my computer experience this issue.

3) When publishing, if you click View Project without having a browser window already open, the entire browser window that opens is blurry, very similar to how the entire Storyline 360 interface looks. If you then open a new tab and go to a different website, everything is blurry! If however you click 'Open' instead of 'View Project' and then manually open the story.html file in your browser, everything is as sharp as can be.

Articulate needs to fix these issues pronto. If it wasn't for the blurry storyline interface, I wouldn't need to use reading glasses.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Mike, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into these other issues. I opened a support case on your behalf so we can get you in touch with our support engineers who can help troubleshoot the behavior. Please keep an eye out for an email from our team!

• Hello, just to chime in, here what's happening currently in Storyline 360 x64 in a 4K screen scaled up to 150% : to the left, Storyline renders blurred content, as is its menu, etc ...If I scale to 100%, everything becomes too small... But then Storyline is showing a crisp interface.

• Jose,
    The 1st and 2nd problems that Mike listed are common bugs/issues and are not unique. The eyedropper not picking the right color has been an issue for my entire team. Also reopening storyline from a minimized state always appears as window for as long as I've used the program.

• I have to add my voice of discontent to the many others that have been complaining about this issue for 7 years now. I just got the Storyline 64 update and it looks TERRIBLE on my 4k monitor. What is Storyline doing to address this issue?