Forum Discussion

francoismarais
Community Member
2 months ago

STORYLINE BUGs ??

hello to the team 

I work in air traffic control. we do a lot of ELearnings with ST360 and big ones because the subjects are very complex. we use a lot of ST360 licenses and have for a long time. We have a lot of experience in the software with which we can do great things. 

overall, we are happy BUT 
It is clear that bugs remain alive and well in this software and it is becoming more and more annoying!!

here, we are going to have to completely redo a big EAO (120 slides) because when we try to publish it under review or in web mode, we have a lot of inconsistencies in terms of sounds. sounds that overlap, sounds that don't start, sounds from slide A that are heard on slide B, slides that refuse to start.  and yet, the slides are simple. and despite all our efforts, impossible to correct. we tried everything and in the end, nothing worked

several teams have already encountered this type of problem in previous years

I did lots of tests. The media library is completely crazy: many sounds are obviously incorrectly referenced or point to files that are not the correct ones (updating a sound file in Windows is not reported by the media library for example ) and when there are updates proposed (orange dots), we end up with a completely different sound from the previous one...

and I'm not talking about slide masters used by slides that don't exist. I have just created a new story file and input, I have return masks which are already used even though there is only a simple basic slide in the project. This is a bug that has been around for years. 

and there, when I give training, I have difficulty convincing people to use this software fully because of all that. in fact, as people are very busy, they keep things simple and use ST360 as a simple PPT so as not to have any problems

I do not have the possibility nor the right to provide you with the story files but here it is, I draw your attention that we have some recurring problems which cost us a lot of time and that we would like to have a little more consolidation of the software rather than certain small, much less important new features

Would it be possible to have the list of slides used by a mask and not just indicate the name of slides which use this mask

Would it be possible to have in the media database the name of the files to which the sound or image references point?

all this would help us

some problems have been dragging on for years, some also have important requests and we have the impression that the priorities are elsewhere (rise360 for example) 

There you go, sorry for this little rant. I know you have a lot of work and it's difficult to satisfy everyone, but for us, it's a lot of time wasted. 

Kind regards to all, hoping that someone from the team will react

François
  • Hi francois,

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your feedback and concerns with our team. We truly appreciate hearing from our customers about how we can improve our product as well as learning about their experiences.

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with your courses and I understand you don't have the right to provide us with a file. I'd like to note our team is happy to sign an NDA upon request and everything shared within a support case is kept confidential. Should you have other questions about our Privacy and security policies, please feel free to take a look at our Trust Center.

Lastly, I've submitted feature requests to our developers for the following:

• Would it be possible to have the list of slides used by a mask and not just indicate the name of slides that use this mask?
    • Would it be possible to have in the media database the name of the files to which the sound or image references point?

If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to reach out here or privately in a case so we can address them.