Forum Discussion

KristinLewis-41
Community Member
8 months ago

Storyline Issues with Video Quality & LONG Exports!

In the past week, I have not been able to export anything from Storyline in 64 and 32-bit versions. Exports take hours upon hours for content that isn't even that long. I submitted bugs, I have ran updates, and yet these exports are still taking so long and it's requiring me to have to cancel them because the exports will go on 12+ hours...

On top of that, I am also experiencing some MAJOR quality issues with using Storyline while inputting videos. We record our videos using other programs outside of Articulate (Snaggit). The videos are very clear. with high-quality - as stand-alone videos or uploaded to a Rise360 template as a video. Only when they are added to Storyline is the quality literally horrible. I've tried increasing the video quality settings upon export, but with export issues, I don't even know if this is helping or not. Something so simple, truly should not be so complicated.

We are not looking to record on Articulate's platforms for a list of reasons. If anyone has any helpful tips and tricks it would greatly be appreciated as this is taking up A LOT of both my time and my team's.

• Hello Kristin, 

Sorry to hear about your experience with Storyline 360. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify the behavior: 

• When publishing your content, are you working locally or on a network drive? Working on a network drive has been known to cause issues on a project file due to the introduction of network latency, so it's best to work from a local directory when publishing. 
    • Are you able to replicate the behavior on a newly created project as well? Or is the behavior happening to specific projects? 

Additionally, we'd like to test the behavior you're experiencing to see if we can isolate the cause of the behavior. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

As for the quality issues when importing video files, this usually happens when there is a significant difference between the slide size of your Storyline 360 project and the resolution of your screen recordings. You'll want to get these two values as close as possible. Check out this article for our best practices for high-quality images and videos.