Forum Discussion

MarieStratton-e
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline update has broken accessibility

I have updated Articulate storyline to the latest version and now all of the hidden graphics are reading out when testing with JAWS. Artifacts on the Slide master that are hidden and all graphics that are on the main pages but not included in the focus order. I just test with a colleague at work who has not incorporated the latest update and the screen reader is reading the correct focus order. Can you please advise??

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Kirsten!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

As I shared with Marie, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. I've added your voice to the bug report and opened a support case on your behalf as well. We'll be sure to provide updates as soon as a fix is released.

Thank you for your patience!

• Hi Marie!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

After testing the behavior on our end, we were able to replicate the same issue. We have this logged as a bug in Storyline 360, and I've included your voice in the report. I've also opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can work with you directly.

We'll update this discussion as soon as a fix is in place. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello Kirsten and Marie,

Good news! Our product team applied the fix to the behavior you reported where screen readers read hidden objects from the focus order. We just released an update for Storyline 360, Build 3.88.32574.0, with this fix.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to enjoy this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. Please let us know if you need additional help.