Forum Discussion

officeape
Community Member
12 months ago

Storyline: Save button not "active" after making a change (after latest update)

I just updated to the Storyline September 19th patch this morning, and the first time I made a change to a course, post-patch, the "Save" button in the top-left of the Storyline button was still greyed out/not active. I was able to use the Ctrl-S keyboard shortcut to save. I made a few more changes with no issue, but then it happened again a little later (this time I tried the File menu, "File > Save" option, also with success).

This isn't a "game-breaking" bug, but the timing seems to indicate that it's associated with the most recent update.

OrvHaflid
    Community Member

Hi,  I have run into the same problem today.   After I did a CTRL S  my save button became active again.  

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Orv!

Sorry to hear you've run into issues with the Save button as well!

I'm glad to hear the CTRL + S command fixed the behavior. If you experience any trouble again and the steps Joe shared don't do the trick, please let us know through a support case and we'd be happy to assist!

Have a great rest of your week!

• Hello Robert,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. 

I'm running the most recent version of Storyline 360 and I don't seem to be having any trouble saving courses that I am working on. Can I ask if you are working locally when making edits to your Storyline 360 course? If you are, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation by following the steps here. This will do a repair of your installation under lowered computer restrictions. 

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here to connect with one of our support engineers for further troubleshooting.

officeape
      Community Member
      Alli Meenahan

FYI - This is still happening. 

Same, though very infrequently. 

Per my original post, I always work locally, and repairing/reinstalling Storyline (more than once) hasn't made the issue go away. I haven't opened a support case because, as I said, this is a very infrequent occurrence (at least for me), and I can't send any projects that I'm working on (company policy) to Articulate for examination.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Alli,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue with the Save button! We are monitoring this bug and found that it usually happens with users working with a Storyline file saved in a folder synced to OneDrive or a similar application. Can you confirm if that is your scenario?

If yes, please let us know if transferring the Storyline file to a local folder not synced to OneDrive will do the trick for you. Run these steps to fix possible installation issues as needed; thank you!

officeape
        Community Member
        Eric Santos

Hi Alli,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue with the Save button! We are monitoring this bug and found that it usually happens with users working with a Storyline file saved in a folder synced to OneDrive or a similar application. Can you confirm if that is your scenario?

If yes, please let us know if transferring the Storyline file to a local folder not synced to OneDrive will do the trick for you. Run these steps to fix possible installation issues as needed; thank you!

Eric: While my company makes use of OneDrive and I do indeed have personal folders that are synced with it, I do all Storyline work in non-synced, local folders. When I'm done with that work, I back it up to our networked training server. 

FredGood
    Community Member

I'm getting this behavior lately, too. Save button grayed out but going through the file menu works. Will try using Ctrl-S to see if that works. (Working on a Windows PC, and the x64 version of SL360.)

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Fred,

Just wanted to add that you'll also want to ensure you're working locally when attempting to save your Storyline 360 project. We've seen saving issues caused by working directly on a network drive or on a directory that gets synced to an online location, and working in a local directory is a way to prevent these issues from happening.

FredGood
        Community Member

Thank you, Jose, I'll keep this in mind.