Forum Discussion

ElizabethWil622
Community Member
4 months ago

Strange Text/Font Glitch?

Not sure what is happening on this slide. It looked fine, and then I had to edit the notes on the slide and suddenly the text boxes look like this when I preview. It looks normal otherwise. It's Lora font and changes into a different font/language upon preview in the timeline and through the preview button.

ElizabethWil622
      Community Member

Hi Ron. Yes, after some looking around it was only the BoldItalic version of Lora. I was using the Google Fonts variable font. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the bold-italic version continued to glitch. I've deleted the bold-italic version from Window's font folder, and am just using italic for now. When I viewed the bold-italic version in other apps, it looked fine.

• I imagine that it is isolated to that font.  If this is a font you have to use for branding, etc.  It might be worth submitting a case so that support can take a deeper dive.

Has the project text been upgraded?

ElizabethWil622
      Community Member

Thankfully, it's just a style I use for subheaders a few times within the course. What do you mean by upgraded?

• I have seen some fonts that seem corrupt play better once the project text has been upgraded.  It might be worth a try.