Forum Discussion

• Hi David, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. I tested it on my end and it appears to be a possible bug. I've opened a bug report so we can have our product team investigate the behavior. Here's a quick look at how we handle bugs for your reference. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we'll let you know if we have any updates to share!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Kenneth!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

Our development team is still looking into the bug that causes the text entry box cursor to enter into the wrong position in Storyline. I've added your voice to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is in place.

In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest downgrading to Storyline 360 version 3.87.32265.0 or earlier, where this bug cannot be observed.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

PeterHerring
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this bug. Has any progress been made by the development team toward a resolution?

• I noticed this problem while trying to answer someone's question post about specialized text input behavior. I also uncovered something else that may or may not be related. In responding to the user's question, I was using an event observer (in JS) to monitor the text input's value changes (input event). I did this before to do real-time evaluation of typed input. In a previous SL version, it all worked as expected (i.e., event handler dispatched after input value changes). In the current SL version, the event handler for the input event is actually dispatched BEFORE the value of the text input is updated, which is very odd. The input value doesn't update until at some point AFTER the event handler is called. I don't know if this relates to the text input cursor positioning issue, but it might if the delayed value update is affecting the selection attribute.  

JamesAiken
    Community Member

This issue is preventing our team from using the latest version of Storyline. We would appreciate a quick fix! Please let us know when it is resolved.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi, James and everybody else,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience because of this bug. I have no updates to share yet, but our product team is aware of the issue. We will update this discussion once this bug is fixed, and you'll be among the first to know.

In the meantime, if there's anything else we can help you with, let us know here or privately in a support case.