Forum Discussion

ColleenMerri529
Community Member
2 months ago

Three and four-column gallery grid not being read out by screenreader

Hi there team,

I'm currently testing a module of ours in Jaws and have found that the four or three-column grid (with icons on top of the content) is not being read out by a screen reader. Jaws completely moves over the body content under the images. The images were labelled as descriptive.

I have tried to put ALT text on these images so the content is read out, but then Jaws ends up reading the content in a loop. Is there a reason why this maybe happening? I believed this was a fully accessible interaction.

Thanks

• Hi Colleen,

Happy to look into this for you!

Yes, you are correct, three and four-column grid blocks are fully accessible. Can I ask how you tested the blocks? Did you use the arrow keys to cycle through the items?

If you did, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the affected block or your Rise 360's share link so we can test the issue by replicating the design of your course? Feel free to open a case with our support team here if you prefer to share your course details privately. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi there Jose,

Sorry, I missed of missed your alert earlier. I tested it by using the arrow keys and it didn't read for me through Jaws. I will submit the preview link privately and if you could please test this asap that would be greatly appreciated! 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Colleen!

Glad to see Joe has been helping you! Great move on opening a support case!

However, it appears the Rise link you shared is inaccessible. My teammate Mick is handling your case and replied to your e-mail with steps on how to resend a link he can use for testing. We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.