Forum Discussion

GlennBragazza
Community Member
2 years ago

Tracking Part Completion / Incomplete courses`

Hey. I've seen a lot about how to track courses based on visiting a slide, using a hidden results page etc.

But I can't see how that would work for my question or if there's a better answer.

A course I put together in Storyline is showing as 0% completed when the learner starts the course and exits part way through.

How do I get storyline to send an update of the completion status to our LMS (Litmos) when a learner does something similar to the above, let's say, starts a course, watches one video and then exits the course? So that it would essentially show that course as 10% or 14% etc. completed?

• Hi Glenn,

Happy to chime in!

A Storyline 360 course will only let an LMS know that a course is in progress, it won't pass a partial progression score to the LMS. I'll let other members of the community share how they were able to get around this requirement, maybe with the help of some Javascript code!

• Glenn,

I have built courses for a client who uses Litmos LMS. I broke their course into separate short modules in the same course shell.  Each was uploaded as SCORM package. Each module reported complete as Joe mentioned above. 

Richard

ElisabethH
    Community Member

Hi Glenn. 

We have this issue too regardless of what reporting (complete/incomplete, etc) because if there is no quiz litmos will report a 0%. Have you found a workaround?

GlennBragazza
    Community Member

Hi, I kept looking for a while without finding a solution to the specific problem, the only workaround is as Richard says above, splitting the course into separate modules/SCORM's and uploading them all into the course. Upon each module being complete, this provides an overall percentage of completion for the course.

E.g. if there are 4 modules uploaded as separate SCORMS and you complete 1 of them, the course will read 25% complete.

Doesn't look like there's a solution to having a completion percentage shown as originally asked though within 1 single Module/SCORM file.