Forum Discussion

GescheWilhelmi-
Community Member
3 years ago

Translation formatting - fewer text splits not working

Dear articulate team,

in this article https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-360-Enhanced-Word-Translation (under "Preserved Formatting") you mentioned that with the update from June 29, 2021 there would be fewer text splits in the translation document. 

The text strings should not be splitted when there is only basic formatting (like bold) applied. 

This feature is simply not working - can you explain why? I installed all the updates. My colleagues experience the same issue.

It doesn't matter if I export from an older Storyline file (created before the update) or from a completely new one. 

We have been looking forward to this feature and wonder if it will work some day?

@Community: Are you experiencing the same? Or is it working for someone?

• Hello!

Sorry for the trouble! With the changes made to the translation export, Storyline 360 no longer splits text strings with basic font formatting, such as bold, into multiple rows in the exported Word document. If you see split text strings when using basic font formatting, then we'll want to take a look at your project to troubleshoot. Have you reached out to our Support Engineers? If not, I'd recommend connecting with a Support Engineer by submitting a support case. I'll keep an eye on your case to see what the fix is!