Forum Discussion

ShannonSobeck
Community Member
3 months ago

Trouble adding Text Reference to Scrolling Panel

Hi all!

I have a text entry variable and I'm hoping to add a reference to it in a follow up feedback layer. Because I don't know how much a user will write, I want to add the text to a scrolling panel that will kick in as needed. 

When I've added a scrolling panel, I have tried to: 

1. drop the text box with just the one line of text for the reference. It wouldn't take even if my cursor was within the scrolling panel and the text box was narrower than the scrolling panel width. 

2. add additional text to the text box before I try to drop so the width of the text box I'm adding is smaller, but the height is larger. The text box still wouldn't take. 

3. I've also tried doing this with a shape with text. Same issue. 

For now, I have a semi workaround to place the reference inside of a rectangle that allows for more text. Otherwise, because the text box condenses the variable to the height of one line of text (the size the text box is stuck because the reference is only one line). 

I'm open to other suggestions of how to end up having the user's responses appear regardless of length. A scrolling panel just seemed like the only solution apparent to me. 

I'm not sure if it is, but in case it is helpful, I've attached a screenshot of the layer with my current workaround (shape and not text box) and the timeline. 

No RepliesBe the first to reply