Forum Discussion

StefanieKirs743
Community Member
4 months ago

Try Again/Incorrect Glitch

Hi community,

I am designing a course that requires a quiz with a lot of form simulations. Consequently, my team and I want as few unnecessary clicks as possible. So, we've removed the button from the "Try Again" layer, set up a trigger, and adjusted the timeline with the intent of having the try again layer appear and automatically disappear when the user gets it wrong the first time.

The problem is that on ONE slide, Articulate displays the "Incorrect" layer immediately after the "Try Again" layer, marking the question wrong for the user without giving them a second chance. Despite being set up the exact same as similar slides that function properly, this one slide is a problem.

I have tried a ton of triggers and variables to try to fix this-any ideas?

Here's the project-it's not the whole project-I just snipped out the quiz so no one has to go through the whole thing.

The slide I'm struggling with is 1.6 Enter Last Name.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

• Hello Stefanie!

Thanks for reaching out! I'm seeing this behavior with 1.5 Enter First Name, but not with 1.6 Enter Last Name. What fixed the issue for me was changing this trigger to a Submit Interaction trigger.

Do you mind giving that a try? Please let me know if that makes a difference!

• Hi Lauren! Thank you-that worked! We were just hoping to let the user submit their answers when the text interaction loses focus on every answer. The problem didn't start until I changed it to the "loses focus" trigger. 

First name still works fine-I think it got messed up when I snipped the quiz into a new .story file.

Thank you so, so much!