Forum Discussion

RoshanHegde-e2b
Community Member
6 years ago

Undo/Redo Actions with Articulate Rise

Just started to work with Rise. Wonder if we have an option to undo an action or revert to a previous state if we made changes accidentally? 

Also, is it possible to track changes between the different published versions of a Rise course?

• Hi Alyssa, 

Thanks a lot for reverting. Yes, I think it would be nice to have an option to track the changes in various versions.  

• Hi Roshan! 

You can use CTRL+Z to undo text edits, and an undo button appears briefly in the lower left-hand corner when you delete a block. 

It sounds like you need a feature in Rise 360 that allows you to revert to an earlier version and track changes. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see in future updates!

GC1
    Community Member

Hi

I have had many of those OH NO moments.

I now duplicate the course, then make the relevant changes to the duplicated course and rename the old course with a  version control name.

I can then show our Quality people changes between courses.

• I've read the feedback in hopes of finding an answer regarding undoing an action. It's so easy to delete a section by accident. I find it hard to believe and somewhat frustrating that there is no way to undo an action once the "undo" box goes away. This box is only present for about 3 seconds and if you miss it, you've lost your chance. There really needs to be a way to undo/revert back and have some sort of version control. I see the requests here going back for at least 3 years. It does not appear to have been given much thought on the development side. Is there a reason for this? Trying to understand...

• Come on! I cannot believe there is no undo, I've just accidentally deleted sections that I designed on the fly and cannot get them back. This is unacceptable in todays design software surely? I was just about to share the 'final version' with the approver and now cannot do so. Yes my own fault, but an easy mistake to make. I've tried the ctrl 'Z'. it's not working. 

• This is one of the features that just frustrates me. If I accidentally delete something. I miss the window to revert it or I accidentally click twice on the trash and I can't revert more than one change.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Josh,

Yes, it's frustrating. What we need is a confirmation step (Are you sure you want to delete this item? YES/NO)

When you delete multiple items in quick succession, Rise will create an UNDO bar for each item that was deleted.

Each UNDO bar has it's own timer, so be quick!