Forum Discussion

TimothyJohns155
Community Member
11 months ago

Unwanted images appearing in SCORM export

I have been finding that my SCORM exports (zip files) are larger than I expect them to be. Opening the zip file and navigating to \scormcontent\assets I often find the stock images that Rise initially presents when you add an image element etc. hang around.

Even though I have replaced these with other images, they are included in the zip file and are referenced in the imsmanifest.xml file but never used in the resource. The last rise export I did there were 9.3 MB of images included in the zip that were not used in the resource (see image: highlighted junk images).

I have asked a few colleagues to have a look in their respective SCORM zip files and they find the same thing. Is this a known issue?

In this particular SCORM example it accounted for 64% of the total zip filesize.

• I sent a copy to Articulate support and they have responded. They have logged it as a possible software bug, pending review. I will post back here when I get any further information.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi,

I'm getting about 50 MB of unwanted images, making the SCORM too large to import into our LMS.

I got exactly the same response from Articulate.

If you are experiencing this bug, please open a Tech Support case.

It's definitely a bug, not a possible bug.

TimothyJohns155
        Community Member

It is in as a support case and I agree this is definitely a bug! Did they ever follow up with you after the initial response?

• This is also the solution I have started to do, but it is another step that I should not have to do. It is also a step that a large number of people in my organisation should not have to do to get an optimised output. I am hoping that removing these images even though they are are still referenced in the imsmanifest.xml will not pop up as an issue at some later date.

I have SCORM outputs from at least August 2022 that contain these junk images.