Forum Discussion

MelissaCline350
Community Member
7 months ago

Variable Question

I am developing a card-sort Storyline interaction in which users first sort a series of statements into an Agree, Neutral, or Disagree pile (with no right or wrong answers). After that is completed, they will, then, think more granularly about what they have selected by placing each card on a .5 to 5 scale/triangle grid. I have both of those slides set up, but how can I get the cards to show up on the .5 to 5 slide in their respective three categories? Any suggestions are appreciated! 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b0d837eb-bcf4-407d-b2f7-d458284ca09f/review

• How about using variables to define the categories to which these cards are assigned. And on the -5 to 5 slide, you can set the initial state of the cards to hidden and change their state when the timeline starts, based on the condition of the variable being equal to a specific category.

• Melissa Cline-Douthitt

I am developing a card-sort Storyline interaction in which users first sort a series of statements into an Agree, Neutral, or Disagree pile (with no right or wrong answers). After that is completed, they will, then, think more granularly about what they have selected by placing each card on a .5 to 5 scale/triangle grid. I have both of those slides set up, but how can I get the cards to show up on the .5 to 5 slide in their respective three categories? Any suggestions are appreciated! 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b0d837eb-bcf4-407d-b2f7-d458284ca09f/review super mario 64

Using Storyline Variables and Advanced Actions:
    Create Variables: For each card, create three variables (e.g., Card1_Agree, Card1_Neutral, Card1_Disagree).
    Set Variables: In the first card sorting slide, when a card is dropped into a category, set the corresponding variable to "true".
    Conditional Logic: On the second slide, use conditional logic to show or hide cards based on the variable values. For instance, if Card1_Agree is true, show Card1 in the "Agree" section of the .5 to 5 scale.