Forum Discussion

ndincerdino
Community Member
3 years ago

Video interaction

Hi, I am designing a course for my school. In the course, I have a slide that includes video quiz. I do not want to use seekbar option while displaying course. That s why I have put markers to stop,play or pause the video. However, when I stop the video, the timeline restarts according to my triggers. But, it does not work in my layer questions during the video. For example, one of them shows when the timeline reaches 7 seconds. When I stop the video, the layer still shows even if the video is at the beginning? How can I solve this problem?

ndincerdino
      Community Member

Hi, Maria

Really grateful to your efforts. What if you click Stop at 6 seconds before the layer shows up. I experience that layer shows up at the very beginning altough there is a trigget to resume the timeline. 

• Hi, Nazmi.

Thank you for reaching out!

It looks like you shared the published file, which doesn't let us look into the triggers you have set up. If you can share your .story file, I'm happy to take a look and help you troubleshoot, and I'm sure others in the community will be glad to make suggestions as well. 

ndincerdino
      Community Member
      I have shared the attachment. Thanks for your response.
  • Hi, Nazmi.

Thank you for sharing the .story file!

My suggestion, if your design allows, is the following:

• Set the revisiting property of the slide as Reset to initial state.

Windows 10 (1) 2022-02-08 at 10.54.28 AM

• On your Stop button, set only the following triggers:
      • Stop History video
      • Jump to slide This slide

I am attaching the edited version with my suggestions. 

I hope this helps!

ndincerdino
      Community Member

Thanks for your help. But it didn't work. The problem is that when I start the video by clicking play button appearing at the beginning in the middle of the page, the video starts. I expect the 1st layer question to appear at the 7th second but for example if I stop the video 5th second, the layer still shows when the video resumes.

• Hi, Nazmi.

Can you share a screen recording of what you're experiencing when previewing the .story file I shared? 

I'd like to get a better understanding of what's happening on your end. 

• Hi, Nazmi.

Thank you for the video recording!

It looks like you're still using the same triggers from your original project instead of the ones in my edited version above.

When you stop the video, the main idea is that the slide re-starts (Jump to slide This slide). Did you experience the same when previewing the project I attached in my previous response?

ndincerdino
      Community Member

Yes, unfortunately the same happens. My point is that What if the user stops the video before the timeline reaches at 7 seconds that is also when the first question shows up.  In this case, the video restarts but the question shows up at the beginning rather than after 7 seconds.

• Hi, Nazmi.

Here is my experience when I stop the edited project right before the timeline reaches 7 seconds: Peek 360 recording

Let me know if you don't see the same on your end, and I'm happy to connect you with one of our support engineers to help you troubleshoot. 

• Hi, Nazmi. 

It looks like we're experiencing different things when previewing/publishing this project.

I want to connect you to one of our support engineers, so I opened a support case on your behalf, and you should hear from our team soon via e-mail.