Forum Discussion

KendraMaxwell
Community Member
2 months ago

View All Layers - Variables - Timeline Ends

Hi all,

I am trying to make sure that learners view all layers but more specifically, the content in each of the layers. I have followed the instructions that people have posted in the past about adding true/false variables and changing states of objects, but I am stuck on changing the state of the Next button to Normal. I have it disabled in the beginning and to only change the state to normal once the learner has clicked on all the hotspots in all the layers (layers function like a slide interaction so they can learn about the individual parts of the product). The recommendation in previous posts is to Set state of Next Button to Normal when the timeline ends on this slide if (all) the variables have been changed to true. My issue is accounting for all learners. If I set the timeline to end at two seconds, then the next button won't appear because they haven't had time to click on each of the hotspots. If I set the timeline to end at a minute, it'll be too long for learners who are quick readers. Do you have a suggestion other than the timeline ending on the slide layers to change the state of the next button?

• Hi Kendra, I'd recommend using the Else option for your trigger. Instead of using the timeline ending, I would not hide or disable the next button but display a dialog layer that tells the learner that they need to visit all areas before continuing on. There's an example of this on slide 1.4 for you. (Slide 1.5 was added just for my testing purposes.) 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

• Hi Ginger, sorry, one last thing. When adding this to a slide layer, I cannot select the Next button. Thoughts on best practice here?

• Excellent, with your help, I was able to get it to work! Thank you so much!