Forum Discussion

LeighShocki-ab5
Community Member
4 months ago

When retrying a Quiz question, lightboxed content will not display on Try Again layer

I created a quiz where the learner has multiple try again attempts to get the answer correct before proceeding. 
What I want to happen: the Try Again slide gives the learner the option to click a custom button that lightboxes the slide in the course where the correct information is located. This works fine when the learner takes the test the 1st time. If they fail the quiz, the learner is given the chance to try again at the questions they missed.

The glitch: when the learner takes the quiz again, gets the same question wrong again, and Try Again layer is revisited, and they click the button to lightbox the content, it does NOT lightbox the content, and jumps the learner to the next question they missed. How do I fix this?

Things I have already tried: setting the base layer and Try Again layer to Reset to Initial State when the slide/layer are revisited. 

• I too have experienced this very issue. And also tried changing the layers to "Reset to Initial State" I had other developers view it as well and no one could determine why it skips the lighbox content and multiple attempts on subsequent test attempts. Very interested to have this resolved.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi, Dave!

I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag as well. I'd like to connect you with one of our talented Support Engineers in a case so we can figure out what's going on. You can submit a support case here.

• Hi Leigh,

Thanks for reaching out!

I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers. That was a great call! You'll be hearing from one of my teammates soon via email.

• Could it be the order of triggers? Have you tried this approach? Attached is a simplified version of the story file, which may not necessarily match your specific scenario. Please use it as a reference.