Forum Discussion

DanielaSlater-4
Community Member
2 years ago

Where is "Text" when setting up hover over text

I am creating a trigger to show layer when user hovers over text in a paragraph. When I try to set it up, it only shows "Object".  How do I get "text"?

Dani

• I decided to use a transparent shape over the word but I still want to know how to get "Text" to appear instead of "Object" in the Trigger.

• Thanks for sharing your workaround in this thread, Daniela! I'm sure it will be helpful to others that come across this post.

If you have any other questions or discoveries, feel free to reach out in the E-Learning Heroes Community!

Have a great start to your week and happy developing! ✨

• Thanks Luciana.  I still need to know how to get "Text" to appear instead of "Object".

• Got it! My apologies for the confusion on my end. Happy to help you with this!

If I understand correctly, you'd like to have the layer appear when the user hovers over the paragraph text. Was that what you were looking to achieve? 

I've gone ahead and created a sample .story file to replicate the behavior on your end. 

Here is what I did:

1. I inserted a paragraph of text with a Text Box
    2. I went and inserted a Slide Layer to the project. (For an easier visual of where in the course you are, I simply inserted a shape that says Layer). 
    3. After that, this is how I set up my trigger on the base slide: 

• All you need to do is change the action to show layer on your end and the when to user hovers over

Here is a quick look at the functionality in a Peek video. 

Attached you'll find my sample .story file as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope this helps! 

• Hi,

Let me try again. In the Trigger wizard, you see "Object".  I have on some courses "Text" in its place but I can't figure out how they did that.

Dani

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Daniela,

The word object in the trigger wizard will switch to text if you are adding triggers to highlighted text, similar to how you would setup hyperlinks in Storyline 360. 

Let me know if this is what you were looking for!

DanielaSlater-4
        Community Member

Hi Joe,

I don't understand. I selected a word but the selection was removed when I tried to create a trigger. Also, I want to select a word within a paragraph and then have a popup to define that word when the user hovers over the word.

I need a step by step because I still can't see how the word "Text" shows up in the trigger.

Dani