Forum Discussion

FrazerGregory-b
Community Member
4 months ago

Why is my Start Course button showing after being removed in the Labels section?

Morning everyone
So I have created a big ol' number of courses/modules in recent times that I chose to remove the Start Course button from. I used the simple step of removing the title from the button in labels and it took it right off.
Just this morning I fire up my latest course of which I applied our working template which had the Start Course button removed and it's back.
Has there been an update recently that might cause this option to be removed so the button shows up no matter what?
So frustrating. Rise currently drives me nuts!!!
Any help would be great.
Frazer

• Just adding my voice to this as well - very frustrating, I've just been into a client's course from a few months back to make edits, I'd originally designed my cover photo with no 'Start Course' button on top of it and I really don't want it there!

• Hi Frazer and Rebecca,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know how frustrating this could be. Removing the Start Course label should remove the corresponding button, but now it's not working as expected. I've tested this behavior in all major browsers and confirmed it is a possible bug.

I've alerted our product team, and they are now aware of the problem. We'll provide updates once this has been addressed. In the meantime, please let me know if we can assist with anything else. I'd be happy to help!

• Hello, Frazer and Rebecca,

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where the Start course button is not removed after removing the corresponding label. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions!

FrazerGregory-b
      Community Member

Hello again Eric

Regarding the issue that I was having with the Start Course button a little while ago.
      On the face of it, it seemed to be fixed, however my colleagues who are testing some of our modules are reporting that when the course is uploaded onto our LMS the Start Course button reappears. Has anyone else reported something like this happening?

Do you think it might be a setting in our LMS that needs changing up?

Thanks
      Frazer

KarlMuller
        Community Member

If your courses were published before the update was made, you will need to republish and reupload to the LMS.