Flashing Play button when viewing full-screen video in Review 360

May 21, 2020

I have an mp4 video uploaded into a Rise course using the multimedia block. The video was produced in Camtasia 2019 and published with the controller. When my reviewers play the video in Review 360 as full-screen, then go back to the original size, the play button flashes in the center of the video and won't go away. We are using Chrome to review the course/video. I've attached a sample. Has anyone else experienced this? 

10 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Jo,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you're coming across! I was able to replicate this using a sample video right after I published the course to Review 360.

Once I refreshed the page, I was no longer able to experience the glitchy play button, nor could I replicate it again in several browsers, despite re-starting the course each time.

It seems like it was an initial download issue, but if you find this occurring frequently even after refreshing your course, let me know and I can dig into this further!

Kristin Warehime

Yes! We are having the same problem. I made a screen recording in Peek and inserted it into my Rise course. The exact same thing is happening to us as what your video is showing, Jo. If the learner only plays the video in the course, it is fine. But once they click "full screen" the flickering starts and then--even when they go back to small screen--the flickering continues and the controls no longer work. Here is what we are seeing:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/50f5d3af-88c0-4f01-9d4a-b99bb6e29a05/review 

Katie Riggio

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for sharing a recording of what's going on!

We haven't identified this as a bug right now, but considering you ran into the same issue, we'll need to investigate further! Could you share:

Sari Godeny-Raish

Hello there,

we are experiencing the same issues noted above, i.e. mp4 video playback in Rise course on Chrome browser.  Plays fine if played within Rise.  Flickering starts if expanded to full screen.  Continues if full screen is exited.  

Note: I have played mp4 videos in the past (appox 2 months ago) and have not experienced issues until yesterday.

Please advise the outcome of the above, as our client is now concerned about this.

Thanks in advance!

Neha Jain

Hi All,

I am facing a similar problem. When importing a video in Rise be it from Storyline 360, Camtasia, or a Rise default video the play button flickers if I maximize the screen.

On replay, the flicker is not there. But if I refresh the course the flicker appears again.

I have viewed this in both Chrome and Edge and faced the same issue in both browsers. 

Best regards

Neha

Lauren Connelly

Hello Neha!

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting steps so far! We'll need our Support Engineers to get involved in testing your project to see why the play button flickers when maximizing the screen. Would you mind sharing your Rise 360 course with us? You can send the share link in a support case, and we'll let you know as soon as we begin testing!