13 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Jamie! Really sorry your users are running into this roadblock – I'm happy to help!

If the Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment section is checked, here's a short Peek for visuals on what the user should see. The first email I enter is not tied to an Articulate ID, in which I just click Next to leave a comment. However, the second email is tied to an Articulate ID, in which I'm then prompted to enter my password for it.

Review 

If your users are seeing something different, could you privately let me know the affected emails and if this is happening with all or a particular Review URL? I'll be standing by!

Jamie Howard

Good day.

I’m wondering if it’s only happening with people who may have an account for whatever reason and maybe don’t remember. This is possible with one person.

When I put in a dummy email it worked, but others may have registered for an account and aren’t aware.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9e785a3d-1b6b-4f6f-83f2-f2bc951ccc80/review

it seems to happen with everything in review.

Shirleen Wong

Hi I also have similar issue, one of my team, she commented once, and she never created an account previously. However the 2nd time she tried to comment, it asked for password.

I have already tick ON 'Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment'

And already tick OFF 'Set a password'

Is there any other possible theory why this might happen?

Thanks!

Shirleen

Vincent Scoma

Hi Shirleen,

Happy to help here! 

Does this appear to be happening with other teammates or one specific reviewer? This seems to be the intended behavior for a user that has created an Articulate ID. If a reviewer has not created an Articulate ID, they'll only be prompted to enter their email address.

I am more than happy to look into the affected email address to see if there is an existing Articulate ID, as well as check on the Review 360 link. If you would like me to take a look, you are more than welcome to privately send that information here

Brett Wiebell

Hi All,

I have come across this issue a lot lately with users that have commented in the past and I am also coming across this issue with generic emails that I used to test. I have the box checked for "users do not need Articulate IDs to leave comments" but it still prompts the user to sign-in before they can comment. I had the same outcome in all browsers.

Any ideas? 

Katie Riggio

Hello Wanda,

I'm happy to help find the culprit!

Do the reviewers who do not have an Articulate ID see the Email and Password prompt in both courses or a specific one?

Also, could you share the affected reviewers' emails with me? Simply paste them into the Description field of this private link, and I'll dig in!

Vincent Scoma

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out! 

To help discover what might be causing this snag, are users being asked for their Articulate ID or to enter their email address? The reason I ask is when the option to Allow users without Articulate ID's to comment is enabled, they will be prompted for their email address when trying to leave a comment: 

After entering their email address, if there is an associated Articulate ID they will be prompted to sign-in. If your users are experiencing something different, I am more than happy to take a closer look! You can privately share which email address are affected with me by using this private link.