Review won't allow users to leave comments.

May 07, 2018

Recently, I've noticed that users cannot leave comments when I share a Review URL link with them.

I have the box ticked to allow users to allow users to leave comments without an articulate account, but it asks for an email (ok), but it won't take a password.

44 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Jamie! Really sorry your users are running into this roadblock – I'm happy to help!

If the Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment section is checked, here's a short Peek for visuals on what the user should see. The first email I enter is not tied to an Articulate ID, in which I just click Next to leave a comment. However, the second email is tied to an Articulate ID, in which I'm then prompted to enter my password for it.

Review 

If your users are seeing something different, could you privately let me know the affected emails and if this is happening with all or a particular Review URL? I'll be standing by!

Jamie Howard

Good day.

I’m wondering if it’s only happening with people who may have an account for whatever reason and maybe don’t remember. This is possible with one person.

When I put in a dummy email it worked, but others may have registered for an account and aren’t aware.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9e785a3d-1b6b-4f6f-83f2-f2bc951ccc80/review

it seems to happen with everything in review.

Shirleen Wong

Hi I also have similar issue, one of my team, she commented once, and she never created an account previously. However the 2nd time she tried to comment, it asked for password.

I have already tick ON 'Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment'

And already tick OFF 'Set a password'

Is there any other possible theory why this might happen?

Thanks!

Shirleen

Vincent Scoma

Hi Shirleen,

Happy to help here! 

Does this appear to be happening with other teammates or one specific reviewer? This seems to be the intended behavior for a user that has created an Articulate ID. If a reviewer has not created an Articulate ID, they'll only be prompted to enter their email address.

I am more than happy to look into the affected email address to see if there is an existing Articulate ID, as well as check on the Review 360 link. If you would like me to take a look, you are more than welcome to privately send that information here

Brett Wiebell

Hi All,

I have come across this issue a lot lately with users that have commented in the past and I am also coming across this issue with generic emails that I used to test. I have the box checked for "users do not need Articulate IDs to leave comments" but it still prompts the user to sign-in before they can comment. I had the same outcome in all browsers.

Any ideas? 

Wanda Vaziri

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue.....however, it's not consistent. One published course allows reviewers to make comments without signing in, yet anther course does not.  Both have the box checked for "users do not need Articulate IDs to leave comments" .

Please advise.  Thank you!

Katie Riggio

Hello Wanda,

I'm happy to help find the culprit!

Do the reviewers who do not have an Articulate ID see the Email and Password prompt in both courses or a specific one?

Also, could you share the affected reviewers' emails with me? Simply paste them into the Description field of this private link, and I'll dig in!

Vincent Scoma

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out! 

To help discover what might be causing this snag, are users being asked for their Articulate ID or to enter their email address? The reason I ask is when the option to Allow users without Articulate ID's to comment is enabled, they will be prompted for their email address when trying to leave a comment: 

After entering their email address, if there is an associated Articulate ID they will be prompted to sign-in. If your users are experiencing something different, I am more than happy to take a closer look! You can privately share which email address are affected with me by using this private link.

Cherie Flowers

Hi everyone,

There may be a new or more relevant thread so please point the way if so, but I am having a Review issue in my workplace.  I have allowed users without Articulate ID to comment. These users are prompted to enter an email address prior to commenting.  The users enter an email address. After entering email address they go to comment and are prompted to enter their email address again. This happens everytime they click on the comment box and as a result cannot comment. It occurs on both IE and Chrome, MS Edge does not appear to like Review very much.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Stephen and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thank you for contacting us and sharing what your reviewers are experiencing.

Based on the screenshot shared, it does not appear that you are allowing users without an Articulate ID to comment, so they will need to login to do so. If they are not logging in, that would explain why they are being prompted again.

Be sure to check the box to 'Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment' and they should be prompted for the e-mail address a single time. If, however, the e-mail is associated with an Articulate ID, they will need to login to comment.

Michelle M

HI,

I am having the same issue.

I have selected YES to "Allow reviewers without Articulate IDs to comment" and NO to "set a password", but when users try to comment, it first asks them for an email address, and then asks them to sign is, as below. i've tried this with several emails myself, including some that definitely don't have an articulate log-in, and I keep getting the same results. It happens for different projects also.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Michelle!

I'm happy to help! I've tested this on my end as well using the email in your screenshot (test@gmail.com) which has already been used as an Articulate ID. You'll be prompted to sign in when an email has already been used.

Would you mind sharing the Review link with me privately? If so, here's a secure link.

Michelle M

Ohhh so that email has been used before?

In that case I think you've found the issue - I asked my reviewers if they'd ever held an articulate license and they said they'd used it a bit years ago. So it's likely that their emails were used before.

I just tried a comment with my husbands email and it appears to be working, so I think you've solved it for me Lauren. Thank you!

Rochelle Phillpotts

Hi Leslie,

I am experiencing this same issue where my reviewers are unable to leave comments. Review 360 is not accepting their email addresses when attempting to add a comment. It just keeps presenting the add email pop up for them when they click in the comments field. I have also tried 'dummy' addresses e.g nikki@email.com or glen@test.com and they are also not allowing comments to be added. The people reviewing have never used any articulate products before.

I have made sure that I have unticked the 'allow users without articulate IDs to comment'. Have tested in Edge and Chrome (our preferred browser).

If you can please help that would be great. I can give you the email addresses privately of the reviewers if you need to check. Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Rochelle and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing in Review 360.

You mention that you have 'unticked' the option to allow users without an Articulate ID to comment:

If this option is not checked, each of your commenters will need to create an Articulate ID. If they don't already have Articulate IDs, they can create one here. It's free.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Chandrani and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

I appreciate you sharing what you are experiencing with your Review 360 content and for the image showing how you've shared the content.

Based on the image, it looks like you've set the course to Allow Reviewers to Comment Without an Account, but if their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password.

If you'd like me to take a look at a particular email of one of your reviewers, I'd be happy to take a closer look. You can send it to me privately here