Review360 Maximum File Size

Jul 08, 2021

Hi all

In our business, both the designers, SMEs and stakeholders love the functionality of Review360, with the ease of adding comments, seeing others comments and tracking on specific points of slides.

With the ever increasing use of different formats in learning however, we are often having to find alternatives, split, or strip out various parts of a module in order to upload to Review360.

It is also not clear that the file size limit is the issue, with an error stating it is related to internet connection.

Are there any plans to increase the size limit for Review360 soon please?

7 Replies
Chris Grant
Chris Want

Hi all

In our business, both the designers, SMEs and stakeholders love the functionality of Review360, with the ease of adding comments, seeing others comments and tracking on specific points of slides.

With the ever increasing use of different formats in learning however, we are often having to find alternatives, split, or strip out various parts of a module in order to upload to Review360.

It is also not clear that the file size limit is the issue, with an error stating it is related to internet connection.

Are there any plans to increase the size limit for Review360 soon please?

Hi Chris

I wasn't aware there was a limit, we have uploaded some pretty chunky courses to be reviewed. Whats the size of your file out of curiosity? 

Chris Want

Hi Chris

This one as a SL file is 506,679kb

After compressing quite heavily the file size is now 129,398kb and tried reducing publishing quality to 1 on video and 50% on images, but still no luck.

It may be due to the amount of different media - 5videos, audio, graphics, that cause it to reach the limit.
I was advised previously of a 5mb limit, but doesn't make sense to me as I have uploaded much bigger than that before. 

Chris Want

Thanks Chris. 

Connected by cable to router and usually have 100+mb speed.

Have managed to put a separated version on, but with such low quality of video and audio that it is just unusable. 

Hopefully one of the team, as you said, May have a suggestion and hopefully a road map as to when an increase or unlimited file size can be used in Review. 

Becca Levan

Hello Chris W., and thanks for reaching out!

I appreciate you sharing what you've been experiencing, and from here, I'd love for you to work directly with one of our support engineers. They will be able to dig deeper into this with you and offer additional insight and suggestions!

I've opened a case on your behalf, so you should have received an email confirming a case number. Hang tight; one of my teammates will reach out with the next step.

Chris Want

Hi Becca
I'm please to say that we found the solution - which was our security creating the issue by causing a time out.
Darwin Banga from Articulate Support was really helpful, suggesting a number of things to try and helped us to find the solution, so please pass on my thanks again to Darwin! :)