Animations: Images are not displayed

Sep 06, 2019

When using animations, the images or hot spots are not displayed (on Windows Laptop). Using Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Especially in Firefox the problem. When we set animations to "off" the images and hot spots are displayed.

15 Replies
Christina Elkemann

When the block entrance animation ist turned off, the "image&text" Block or "Labeled grafic" Block appear. But when the animations are turned on, they are missing. Attached an example of the "image&text" block, when entrance animations are turned off.

No, this problem doesnt happen when view the course share link.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Annica,

Thanks for those additional details. Let's try this – while editing the lesson, click the back arrow to go back to the course main menu page, then close the course. Completely close the browser window, then reopen the browser, and go back to Rise 360.

Reopen the course, and let me know if those blocks are still missing.

If they are still missing, I'll want to have our team take a closer look at your course in a support case. 

Jason Merrill

We are also seeing this issue with our LMS content produced with RISE. We have only seen the issue with Firefox users, not Chrome. The problem is inconsistent among users - all of whom use the same version of Firefox: 84.0.2 - 64 bit version. Some users see it, some don't. The images appear and then disappear, or the don't appear one time, then when they go away from the section and come back, they appear again. I for one, never see the issue (yet). The images appear to be .png files animated using a CSS animation class. Any progress on tracking this issue down with the engineering team?  Thank you. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jason. I'm sorry this issue has been hard to track down! I haven't seen it in my instance of Firefox either using SCORM Cloud. 

If your learners have the support or ability, you can ask them to open their browser tools by right-clicking on the page and choosing Inspect Element. There's a Console tab they can view, and it will display any error in the content that they're viewing. It may give us a clue as to why their environment is preventing the media from coming through. 

Jason Merrill

Hi @Crystal, thank you. I have been able to replicate the issue in my Firefox browser (previously I couldn't). I can see the following console error: 

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.

I will attach a screenshot of all the console messages.

Brian O'Driscoll

Has there been a resolution to this? I am having a similar issue. Some animated elements are not appearing - occasionally and inconsistently. To deal with that, I  turn entrance animations "off". However, this introduces a new problem: the "continue to next lesson" bar/link at the end of a lesson will not appear making completion impossible. This is a problem that appeared about 12 months ago and is now becoming steadily worse.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Brian. Thanks so much for bringing this up, and I'm sorry you're running into this again. Would you mind sharing your course with our team so we can take a closer look? You can open a case here and include the Share link in the case description. We'll give it a test and let you know what we find!