Error when exporting Rise course

Nov 18, 2019

Hi there, is anyone else having problems exporting a Rise course to html (i.e., Export type: Web)? I've been trying this morning, and I keep getting the message "Something went wrong, there was an error exporting your course, please try again." I've tried the export in several different browsers and over the last couple of hours, and I get the same message.

When I share the course, everything looks good. But I get the same error message as above when I try to publish to the review site.

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Lisa! Sorry to hear you're having trouble exporting your Rise 360 courses.

Everything is working smoothly on my end, so let's try this. Close your Rise 360 course, and close the browser window. Remember, you'll want to use one of these supported browsers for authoring in Rise 360.

Reopen the course, and try publishing for Web or to Review 360 again. Let me know if that solves it! I'll be standing by. 

Lisa Morgan

Hi Alyssa,

After I posted this, I saw another post where the person was having trouble, and it had to do with an ampersand in a file name. I had used a percent sign in a menu title and in the file name of a file attachment in the course, and when I changed those to the written word "percent" instead, the course exported.

I don't know if that was coincidence or what, but everything seems to be working now. Do you think the % sign could have been the problem?

BTW, before I had posted the cry for help, I had tried the export in 3 different supported browsers and had closed & reopened the course & the browsers. 

Thanks for your quick response! It was a bit critical that I get the the course exported today.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that insight, Lisa! Now we're seeing the same problem. 

If a file in your course contains the % symbol, the course will not successfully publish for Web, LMS, or Review 360.

However, if you remove the % symbol from the file name, the export should work. 

We've reported this problem to our team, and we'll let you know as soon as it is resolved!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Sarah, so sorry to hear that you are getting the same error for all your Rise courses. Did you check if any of the files in your courses have a % symbol? 

If the course files don't have a % symbol and you're encountering this issue, please open a case with us so that one of our technical support engineers can work with you.

Richard Anthony Rivera

Hi everyone, I can't publish my Rise course now into Web file. I changed the % into the word "percent". Is there a rule of law that we can't use symbols inside Rise? Now I still can't export the Rise and still receiving this message from Rise "Something went wrong, there was an error exporting your course, please try again.".  Here is the course: https://rise.articulate.com/share/Ka6RR0wYrGBH4Ph81OW_-UgAkdOmpqRa

Jose Tansengco

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. The course itself looks fine on my end, but since it consists of multiple lessons and blocks, there's a chance that one of these might be causing issues for your course during publishing. 

As a troubleshooting step, try clearing your browser's cache or using a different browser to export your course. If you are still unable to publish your course, please open a case with our support team here so we can have our support team take a closer look at your course.