Linking between lessons

Jul 23, 2018

I'd like to link other lessons in Rise. I see that the button block element supports linking to other lessons in the same course (via the Destination dropdown), but I also want to use hyperlinks in the text to link to other lessons. How can I get the relative URL so I can hyperlink?

97 Replies
Chris Rosso

Wholeheartedly agree.

I must be honest, I've never seen a feature added based on this forum. Sad really. We've been asking for find+replace for years.

---
Chris Rosso (he/him/his)
Director, Global Service Delivery, Learning & Development

Gartner
Direct: +1 239 318 3864 | Mobile: +1 402 661 4475
chris.rosso@gartner.com
gartner.com

Jennifer Miller

Is it possible to link to a lesson in a different course? 

For example, a student may have not reviewed a key concept since course 1 that was a year ago.....as I build on the key concept in subsequent courses in future, ....i wanted to just add a link to that lesson in course 1for those who may need to review.....instead of adding all that info back in to my new course because some people will not need the review and find it distracting......

Thanks

Jennifer

Jeff Forrer

I want to add that being able to link within a course using other objects than just the buttons would be great.  For example if you want to create your own internal interaction or menu that is image based, it would be great to be able to click buttons, text, image etc. and be able to put in a link to where you want to go as currently allowed using just the Buttons or Button Stack. Thanks.

Robert Beutel

Hey George, 

I also requested this but added being able to use images as buttons. This would open up a whole lot of useful navigation. Unfortunately, Articulate keeps pumping out features that are cool but less than useful. Rise is already nicely designed. Start giving us the ability to create new experiences. This link feature people are looking for would have been a better release than the new theme capabilities.

For this feature to be added everyone here need to go to the feature request form and ask for it there. Your request doesn't count here.

Chris Rosso

I echo that as well. New themes are interesting but other than that, the base theme with better functionality would produce better learning experiences. The base theme wasn't ugly, it just lacked some essential functionality. Now we have a group of these that likewise miss out on functionality. Articulate has always been the company by Instructional Designers for Instructional designers - it is what separates you from the competition. That said, did anyone ask an ID on your team if we should theme over learning experience?