NEW IN ARTICULATE 360 TEAMS: Collaborator Roles

May 07, 2019

We’re so excited to share the latest update to Articulate 360 Teams: collaborator roles. Now you have more control over how you work with your colleagues on Rise 360 projects.

Give collaborators different levels of access by making them authors or admins. Authors can create and edit different lessons. And admins can adjust course settings, share and export, and post courses for review.

Check out this article for tips and tricks on managing your team with collaborator roles. And watch this quick video to learn more:

20 Replies
Karl Muller

Created an ADMIN user for the first time, which was great. The one thing that was a bit odd was that while the ADMIN user type has access to all course settings and can publish, they do not have access to Labels.

What is the reason for excluding Labels from Author user permissions?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Karl,

It sounds like you're talking about the admin user type, not the author. You're right - only course owners have access to labels. 

If that's something you'd like to see change, it'd be great if you could take the time to log a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs.

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Karl Muller

Thanks for the reply.

We found that when you change ownership of a course from one person to another, that a custom label set (if used) does not transfer with the course. The label set belongs to the previous course owner and does not transfer when ownership is changed.. I'm guessing this is the reason why LABELS were excluded from the ADMIN role.

However, as the ADMIN can publish courses, I can guarantee that courses (in our case anyway) are going to be published with the incorrect label set, Unless the ADMIN manually recreates the corporate label set. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Karl,

That's correct - when you transfer ownership, custom label sets do not transfer with the course. The reason label sets aren't transferred over is because there's a possibility that the new owner already has a label set with the same name. If that were the case and we transferred the label set over, we would run the risk of overwriting their label set with the same name.

However, if an admin publishes a course -- without the owner transferring ownership to him/her -- the owner's label set will appear in the published version. 

I also wanted to point out that if you want to transfer ownership of the course and retain the original labels, you can ask the owner to export the label set so that you can re-import them on your end once you become the course owner.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Susi B

Hi everyone,

we really like this new feature BUT you missed something very important. If the owner sets a password, the admin CAN`T see, delete or change it. If I give someone the right to be an admin then he should be able to do exactly the same things I can do (lables, password, design etc.).

Same with labels, other programs which see there already exists something with the same name give the option either to rename the new file/element/whatever, renames it automatically or at least give a hint like "Watch out we are overriting your lable now. Do you still want to do that?"

Would be great if you could fix that. ;)

Regards

Susi

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! We recently changed the Rise 360 collaborator role names to clarify those terms. 

• A Course Owner (previously Owner) can do everything.
  • Course Manager (previously Admin) can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 
  • Course Collaborator (previously Author) can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.
Marcelle Bezuidenhout

Hi!

I have over 60 courses that we are writing together. we are each other's QA and I need to make my team collaborators on all the courses. Is there a quick way of adding them to all the courses - Or do I have to do it one by one?!

Also feature request: Collaborators on Folders? So we can share courses within folders?

Regards

Marcelle

Karen McLeod

This part regarding the Course Manager: "When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. "

This is problematic. If you have to make changes to someone’s course and they are not in the office, it is best to duplicate the course before making edits. Otherwise, you will not be able to access the Review 360 link. If you can't access it, then you can't send it for review. It seems best to make the person a Course Owner and transfer ownership back when the person returns to the office. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Karen! We recently released Team Folders in Review 360, allowing you to move Review 360 items to the Team directory to share them with everyone on the team and let them publish new versions. Collaborators will now have access to the item in Review 360!

Let me know if you have questions, and I hope this helps you out!