Right to left language In Rise

Nov 17, 2016

Hi

I am developing courses in Arabic Language. I just started using Articulate 360. I tried to add content using Rise. I could add Arabic text, but I faced many issues.

1. Numbering and bullet list come left the text. As Arabic is a right-to-left language, it should be right.
  2. Text alignment also is left to right
  3. Navigation Bar is left
  4. No Arabic fonts available, I could only use the default one.

Could anyone help me solve the problem?

Regards

Sheikh Maawiya

138 Replies
Dominik Ginthier

Hi Alyssa,

This means that we have to wait several more years before right-to-left languages will be supported?! As I have written in many comments before, this feature is crucial for us. Currently Rise is not really usable with this limitation, except for some minor projects. It could be really great. Why are we even paying for a Articulate 360 subscription?

We even started tweaking the CSS files of the Rise modules manually, which gave us actually good results (still some issues on mobile devices), so I don't see the point why it is so difficult to implement. 

That is disappointing. 

Dorrien Venables

Hi Alyssa

This feature is quite important to be able to satisfy translation requirements for our global clients. The CSS workaround is a partial solution but unfortunately is not effective on all block types and therefore is rather limiting.

Could you please provide some more clarity on what you mean by This feature is still on the table, but it's not on our immediate roadmap. I am interested to know what is on the road-map please, the What's New, Whats Next page only shows 3 Available Now items for Rise. It would also be really great to get some kind of indication when right-to-left functionality will be implemented please.

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone,

I want to clarify our plans for Right-to-Left support in Rise 360. This is a feature we may include in a future update, but currently we're investing in features that have the broadest impact on the majority of customers. If we do decide to add this feature, we promise to let you know. I hope this allows you to make informed decisions as you move forward with course development.
Dorrien Venables

Hi Alyssa, thanks for the feedback. Considering that Arabic is the 5th most spoken language in the world, one would consider that it is kind of important to have this type of support. There understandably would not be a significant customer base for RTL languages if those customers can't actually make use of the tool. Considering this functionality is available in Storyline, it would be helpful for Articulate to have this consistency across their products. There are no forthcoming features listed on the What's New, Whats Next page for Rise (or any other tool), or a roadmap to look at, so one doesn't really know what the more relevant/impactful features are, that are being developed.

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone,

While we don't have a public voting system for feature requests, sharing your ideas in E-Learning Heroes is a major source of input in the feature request process. Ultimately our goal is to give you the best information we can about upcoming features so that you can plan ahead for your projects.
Amarel Plus

I call all followers in this thread to submit a request for RTL support (if you haven't done so already). Share this link with all your E-learning heroes and ask them to do the same:

https://articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request

Perhaps if the design team is bombarded with multiple requests on the subject, they will finally prioritize it over other features.

Bdor Alotaibi

Hi 

any updates regarding the points below?

• Numbering and bullet list come left the text. As Arabic is a right-to-left language, it should be right.
  • Text alignment also is left to right
  • Navigation Bar is left
  • No Arabic fonts available, I could only use the default one.
    Could anyone help me solve the problem?
Crystal Horn

Hello, Seitwerk. We haven't made any updates yet. Right-to-left language support is a feature we may include in a future update, but currently, we're investing in features that have the broadest impact on the majority of customers. If we do decide to add this feature, we promise to let you know.