Rise 360 - Media Could Not Be Loadedeither because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Every time that I place a video in a block on Rise 360, after exporting the content, I get a message upon viewing in my LMS that "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I'm loading standard mp4 files, under 200 MB (when the stated limit is 5 GB). 

I've tried multiple browsers - my default Chrome, IE 11, Edge, and Safari and all are experiencing the same issue. I can see the video when I preview my Rise course or share it from the Articulate site, but not once I've exported the course and uploaded it to my LMS. 

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

8 Replies
Concetta Phillipps

@Katie, 

Alyssa and her colleagues did some heroic level work trying to figure this out from Articulate's side, and ultimately, we did determine it was an issue with our LMS reading the SCORM output from Rise because the outputs from Rise were reading just fine in other LMSes.

It took a while for our LMS to nail it, but the fix is to make sure the video name before it was uploaded was less than 15 characters. Once we did that, the block started working and appearing as normal.