Rise 360 - Media Could Not Be Loadedeither because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported

Aug 21, 2019

Every time that I place a video in a block on Rise 360, after exporting the content, I get a message upon viewing in my LMS that "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I'm loading standard mp4 files, under 200 MB (when the stated limit is 5 GB). 

I've tried multiple browsers - my default Chrome, IE 11, Edge, and Safari and all are experiencing the same issue. I can see the video when I preview my Rise course or share it from the Articulate site, but not once I've exported the course and uploaded it to my LMS. 

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

58 Replies
Concetta Phillipps

Allison try uploading it to SCORM cloud and see if it works. If it works there, it usually means my LMS is breaking something in the Rise encoding. 

If it doesn't work, try testing it in a non-Chromium browser. With Edge being Chromium backed, it usually performs the same way as Chrome.

Christopher Santos

Hi Allison,

I see that my colleague Mick was able to help you out with your video in Rise when you submitted your support case.

For those who are following, the video needed to be reencoded using a video editing tool for the error "media could not be loaded" to go away.  Feel free to send us a case here if others are encountering the same error too.

Angelo Cruz

Hello Melissa! Have you tried re-encoding your video file to a standard MP4 format?

Do you know what format and codec your video is using? Does this happen to any video files you upload to your Rise course? 

Would you be willing to share the video files with us so that we can run some tests and have a closer look? If that's okay, you may upload your files to us directly by opening a case here. Our support team will be more than happy to investigate the issue for you.

Jose Tansengco

Hello ChatGPT Trainings, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience. 

• Are all of your videos affected, or just a few of them?
  • What application are you using to create and edit your videos?
  • Have you tried re-encoding your videos to a different video profile to see if this helps? You can use a tool called Handbrake for this. Here's where you can download this app, and this video will show you how to use it. 

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening.